This is the perfect sized boat for a young family or two couples. Simple, economical and fun ! With the recent mechanical work we’ve just completed, she’s ready to go right now. See all the details below.
The “Honey Do” is in excellent condition throughout; has been moored under cover since new with limited use over the years while still being carefully maintained. She is well equipped and clean, all ready to go on your first family cruise of the new year.
Rinker has been building fishing and pleasure boats in Syracuse, Indiana, since the 1930’s and they are the oldest U.S. builder in continuous production since then. This mid-cabin design is among their best selling models due to the large salon, fine aft cockpit layout, beautiful finishings, 5kw gas Kohler power generator and her economical single Merc 5.7 engine.
She has a very nice cockpit seating layout with curved helm settee, helm seat and a transom bench – all of which are in excellent condition. There is a convertible bench for the aft area to make a ‘sun deck’. Add in a cockpit bimini and full cockpit enclosure, as well as a full boat cover for long term storage. We’ve just had the full cockpit carpet set and the interior carpets and cushions professionally cleaned as of 12/15/17.
Not too many of these fine 270 Express Cruisers are found here on the West coast….take a look, you’ll be very pleased with this boat !
We have an August 2017 full survey completed that will be made available to buyers with accepted offer. She’s ready to get out and have fun for this new boating season!
Photo Gallery: 27′ Fiesta Vee Photos
Full Specifications and Details
- Length Overall: 27’ 8”
- Beam: 9’ 1”
- Draft: 3’ 0”
- Weight: 6,200 lb
- Fuel: 100 gal.
- Water: 33 gal.
- Waste: 27 gal.
- Headroom: 6’ 4”
Machinery and Electrical
- Power-assist engine hatch/deck cover
- MerCruiser 5.7 (a low 175 hours reported)
- Bravo III outdrive with duo-prop
- Newer house and start batteries
- Quicksilver single handle throttle control
- Power steering assist to outdrive
- Kohler 5E gas generator 110v/5K (just THREE hours on her meter !)
- Spare oil, coolant, cleaners, etc.
Galley and Salon
- Marine Air Systems ”Cool Mate” air conditioner
- Sanyo EMN 107 Microwave Oven
- Kenyon ‘Euro Kera’ single burner electric stove top
- Norcold Tek II refrigeration
- Mid-cabin double berth with privacy curtain and stowage
- Convertible salon table forms large double berth forward
- Enclosed head with shower wand
- Jabsco manual marine toilet
- Garmin GPS 182 ColorMap
- Horizon Eclipse GX125S VHF radio
- Danforth C351 helm compass
- Lowrance 3500 digital depth sounder
Electronics and Stereo
- Clarion M3170 Marine Stereo AM/FM/Cassette with two remotes
- Clarion CAA 355 six-disc CD changer
- Clarion waterproof aft deck speakers
- Paper chart book for Puget Sound
Deck, Equipment and Safety
- ALL the original Operator’s and Instructional Manuals are aboard the boat
- Simpson-Lawrence Horizon 690 electric windlass
- Bow pulpit anchor with 30’ chain and 100’ line rode
- ITT remote controlled Searchlight on pulpit
- Stowed swim step ladder
- Transom shower
- Insta-trim boat leveling trim tabs
- Dock lines and four fenders
- Collapsible 15’ boat hook
- Flares and signal air horn, distress flag
- Four new adult life jackets and toss ring
- Three fire extinguishers
- 8’ Livingston dinghy with oars
- Mushroom anchor and float for dinghy
- Flag burgee
- 30 amp shore power cord
- Blue Sunbrella bimini with added cockpit cover
- Full boat cover for long term storage
This 270 Fiesta Vee was used by the Rinker Boat Company as their showroom model for various boat shows and exhibits during the 2000 model year. It was purchased new in 2001 by her only former owner and has been stored in covered moorage since new. Former owner report approximately just 175 – 200 hours on the MerCruiser 5.7. Her Kohler genset has but THREE hours on it.
The boat had been hauled, cleaned and/or bottom painted annually at ModuTech Marine in Tacoma, most recently painted in June, 2016, along with a full service to the Bravo III outdrive.
We ran the boat up to Seattle from Tacoma in about 15 kt NE wind. She’s comfortable in the waters of the Sound and cruises easily at 14 – 16 kts, with a top speed of about 30 kts. Full cockpit canvas enclosure is in good condition, we replaced the windscreen section with new panels, and there is a full boat cover for long term storage.
Photos in the boatyard were taken the last spring, when she was hauled out for inspection and hull survey, cleaned up the outdrive and had duo-prop cleaned by Kruger Propellor. Surveyor reported hull and outdrive are just fine. An August 2017 full boat survey report was completed and will be made available to buyers with an accepted offer – you’ll save the costs of another boatyard haul and surveyor fees for a survey !
Recent Mechanical Work – Fall 2017
We had a new custom fabricated aluminum fuel tank was designed and built by S3 Maritime in Seattle in August. While the engine and outdrive were removed the tank compartment aft bulkhead was replaced with new marine plywood and secured, then fiberglassed in place. Thus you’ll see the newly painted area in the engine compartment photos.
With the engine removed the following service was completed; fuel cooler unit replaced, exhaust manifolds, elbows and exhaust risers replaced, and trim actuators replaced. A compression test was taken, all cylinders were within the recommended 10% of each other, and the engine is running beautifully. We also had an hour meter installed at the helm since the boat did not have one originally. Former owners reports fewer than 200 hours total use on this block, evidenced by her general condition and these test results.
The outdrive again received normal service while removed; impeller check, fluid check and fill, gear case inspection, general clean up and repainted with Mercury Phantom Black spray along with new zincs. Visual inspection was taken for gimbal bearing, steering pin, transom housing, bellows and steering hydraulic assembly and pump.
Having completed this mechanical work means we have spent right at one-half of our asking price for the boat. You can be confident this Rinker Fiesta Vee is now in excellent mechanical condition. She will bring you years of fine service and enjoyment.
Call David; 206.225.3360.