This absolutely stunning classic yacht has been lovingly restored over the years with some major renovation in 2000 and 2001, including extensive structural work to bring the hull into near-perfect condition.
Excellent photos and a detailed history of “SPINTDRIFT II” are featured in Ron McClure’s “Classic Wooden Motor Yachts”.
The ONE and ONLY!
Available with special owner terms.
Photo Gallery: 46′ Elco Flat Top 1929
Full Specs: 46′ Elco Flat Top 1929
- Year: 1929
- Located in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Hull Material: Wood
- Engine/Fuel Type: Twin diesel
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Boat Name: LADY MARTUKRIS ex SPINDRIFT II
- LOA: 46′
- Beam: 11′ 6″
- Maximum Draft: 3′ 6″
- Engine Brand: Perkins
- Engine(s) HP: 130
- Cruising Speed: 9 knots
- Maximum Speed: 11 knots
- Fresh Water Tanks: 150 gallons
- Fuel Tanks: 350 gallons
Sleeps four in two Staterooms, carpeting throughout. The master cabin is aft, furnished with twin berths, bureau, two closets, spacious under-berth drawers and en-suite head with full size shower, sink and toilet.
Deckhouse has L-shaped settee with butlers table, mahogany dining table folds and stows against bulkhead, drapes featured in both deckhouse and master stateroom.
Large rope locker forward. “ Cleopatra” Lounge on aft trunk under hardtop, hinged drop table on after deck.
The guest cabin is forward with two berths, closet, spacious under-berth storage drawers and cabinets with original curved glass. A second head is located adjacent thereto.
All overheads are painted white with varnished mahogany carlins on beams. The deckhouse is finished all bright.
- Galley down with white enamel wooden cabinetry.
- Satinless steel counter and sink
- GE Spacemaker Microwave
- Norcold refrigerator with freezer
- Princess 2 burner electric stove
- U-Line 110v ice maker
- Water Heater
- Pressure Water system
Electronics & Navigation Equipment:
- Simrad AP EZ Auto Pilot (2007)
- Standard Horizon VHF
- Standard Horizon Depth Sounder
- Garmin 1786 GPS/Chartplotter (2007)
- JRC 16mile radar
- Glendinning Engine Synchionizer
- Search Light
- Sharp Flat Screen TV
- 12 volt/ 32 volt (DC)
- 110 volt (AC)
- Westerbeke 8 Kw generator
- Two 30 amp 110 v shore connections
- 220 volt splitter
- Engines and electronics have 12 v system
- 110v system protected with insulation transformers
- 2 banks of batteries for 12 v
- 1 bank of 4 batteries for 32v
- Charger on 12v system
- Constavolt on 32 v system
Deck & Hull Equipment:
- Danforth # 22 anchor w 30’ chain & 200’ 5/8 rode
- 60 lb. Fisherman Anchor w 30’ chain & 200’ 5/8 rode
- Anchor davit
- Coast Guard Safety Equipment
- Manual Dinghy Davits
- 8’ Elco dinghy (original to boat)
- Electric and Manual windlass fenders and lines
- 12 life jackets/life rings
- Navigation lights
- Swim ladder
- Windshield washer and wipers
- Original brass manual controlled search light
- Original brass deck mounted ships horn
- Custom canvas covers most of the brightwork when the boat is not in use
- Forward deck, flat top deck and trunk cabin deck are canvas covered and painted. Walk around sides and aft deck are of yellow pine, caulked and varnished.
- Original rail on bronze stanchions around side and after decks lifelines on forward decks
- On deck refrigerated beverage cooler/freezer
Mechanical Equipment & Engine Details:
- Forward reverse cycle air conditioning
- Aft is cooling only
- Manual steering
- Acoustical insulation
- Bilge blower
- 2 automatic bilge pumps
- Electric head with holding tank aft
- New Groco head forward
- Fresh Water cooling system 1.92:1 Transmission/ratio
- 2 extra propellers
- Engine alarm
- Engine fuel shut off valve
- Raw water sea strainer
- Starboard engine new ’78, rebuild 1994 – 1,250 hours (approx.)
- Port engine new 1983 – 4,000 hours (approx.)
- Glendenning synchronizer
- Racor fuel filters with vacuum gauges
- 6 gals/hr. fuel consumption (cruising)
Extensive reconstruction includes transom replaced 1983, stern 1984, many later ribs, bottom refastened and many butt blocks replaced 1991, waterways and afterdeck wooded, refastened and recaulked 1993. Forward 20 feet reframed and replanked below waterline, new starboard shaft and shaft log, new aluminum fuel tanks and extensive reframing aft in 1994. All floors aft of engine and a number of ribs replaced 1998, new stainless steel water tanks.
Extensive structural work to bring hull to near perfect condition:
- 30 steam bent oak ribs
- 21 new planks
- 8 new planks
- 4 new butt blocks
- 800+ bronze screws to complete refastening
- Both shaft logs removed, cleaned, and replaced, new floor timbers and planking installed in this area
- New cutlass bearings, port and starboard
- Entire bottom wooded, recaulked. 3 coats ablative paint applied.
- Forward skylight completely removed, new unit fabricated to exact original specifications, original hardware reinstalled
- All gazing around bridge replaced with safety glass, new moldings fabricated and re-bedded
- New Norcold refrigerator-freezer in galley
- New upholstery in main salon
- All new canvas: forward deck cover, spray shields, all roll-ups around entire vessel, dinghy and “Cleopatra” covers
- Hull faired and painted: transom varnished
- Complete top end overhaul on generator, rebuilt injector and injectors, cylinder head valve job, new raw water pump, hoses, etc.
- New air-conditioner circulating pumps (both units)
- Rebuilt aft head (Raritan Electric) new Groco head forward
- New shower evacuating pump
- New JRC-16 mile radar
- New standard dept sounder
- New Raritan potable water pump and motor
- New Morse single lever engine controls
- All brightwork (cabin,superstructure, etc.) above deck wooded, stained and varnished
LADY MARTUKRIS was awarded a Special Award for ongoing preservation at the 2001 Antique & Classic Boat Rendezvous of Mystic Seaport.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.