Enter either through the transom gate from the oversized swim platform with its TNT hydraulic boat lift, or from dockside on to either of the side decks. From the aft cockpit, come up four steps to a spacious, carpeted and fully enclosed aft deck salon with wet bar and a nice set of wicker furniture with custom upholstery. Her nearly new canvas enclosure has sun shades and roll-up sections for cross ventilation.
From here you ascend to the bridge, or ahead to the main salon and lower helm. The bridge has two helm chairs and a full-width bench seat with storage for life jackets and lines, all protected by her nearly new canvas enclosure and hardtop.
The full width aft master stateroom with en-suite head and shower can also be accessible directly from the aft transom cockpit. The second guest stateroom with its own head and shower is to starboard in the lower companionway. From the main salon forward and to port is the galley with all brand new appliances and a comfortable dining settee to starboard. Ahead to the third stateroom with queen berth, ample cabinets and a cedar lined hanging closet, as well as a private head and shower.
This is a luxurious motor yacht which has been beautifully maintained and upgraded and she will bring her new owners many years of fine cruising. She is very tastefully appointed with custom made salon furnishings, finest linens throughout and a galley chock-full of fine place settings, stemware, cooking utensils and all the accessories you could imagine. She is fully provisioned and would be an ideal candidate for a live-aboard vessel.
Call for an appointment to see this outstanding 55′ Californian soon.
Please call David Wallace at 206.225.3360 or email David [at] PacificMarine.org to inspect this boat.
55′ Californian “Novel Lady” Photo set
Full Specifications, Equipment and Details:
LOA: 55 ft 0 in
Beam: 15 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 3 in
Bridge Clearance: 17 ft 3 in
Dry Weight: 46,200 lbs
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Engine Model: 3208 TA
Engine Hours: 1265 and 1380 hours (mains serviced 2016)
Number of single berths: 0
Number of twin berths: 1
Number of Queen berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 3
Navigation and Electronics
• Garmin GPS-Map 4212 Full Color System
• Impulse QT digital depth sounder w/alarm
• Standard Horizon 6X2150 VHF (upper helm)
• Standard Horizon VHF (lower helm)
• Robertson AP 200 autopilot
• Impulse QT-106 speed log
• Garmin radar dome
• Two Fiamm air horns
• Jabsco remote searchlight
• Two 6″ Offshore helm compasses
• Chromed ship’s bell
• Telephone intercom system
• Dual station Hynautic helm controls
• Dash Floscan fuel consumption monitors
• Glendinning engine synchronizer
• Intercom phone system to all areas
Mechanical and Electrical
• Caterpillar 3208 TA mains, 1250 and 1380 hours (inspected and serviced 2016)
• Kohler 16kw genset with soundshield, 1775 hours (inspected and serviced 2016)
• Interstate 8D battery for bow thruster and new windlass (New 2016)
• Four Interstate 8D batteries in ER (New 2016)
• Sentry G160 three-bank charger
• Marinco 50′ 220v 50 amp shore power cord (New 2016)
• Marinco 50′ 30 amp shore power cord
• Two 50′ telphone cords for shoreside use
• Three Rule bilge pumps
• Westmar bow thruster
• Fireboy Halon 1301 system
• Sentry carbon monoxide detectors
• Engine spares, filters, lubes, belts, misc.
• Corian countertops and backsplash
• Dual stainless sinks and cabinet hardware
• Summit Ceran glass four-burner stovetop (New 2016)
• GE 15 CF refrigerator and freezer (New 2016)
• GE ‘Profile’ Convection Oven (New 2016)
• U-Line refrigerator with built-in ice maker (aft salon deck, new 2015)
• LWM Water maker, 145 GPD output (new 2015)
• 30 gln hot water tank (New 2017)
• Nutone food processor center
• Teak parquet galley sole
• Black and Decker coffee maker
• Fully provisioned galley with cookware, place settings, stemware and utensils
Salon and Acccomodations
• Reverse cycle MarineAir heat/AC – three stations,
[Compressors rebuilt and system reconditioned in 2013]
• Three private heads with Vacu-flush toilets and showers
[Waste system reconditioned in 2016]
• SeaLand marine vacu-flush toilets (all serviced 2016)
• GE Spacemaker stacked laundry center
• Jet Line central vacuum system
• Custom designed and built salon furnishings
• Custom area rug to complement salon furnishings
• Carpeted aft salon deck
• Custom aft deck furniture with custom made fabric cushions
• Aft deck folding dining table and six chairs
• All very highest quality bedding and linens in each stateroom and head
• Dehumidifiers and electric aux. heaters in each stateroom
• 20″ RCA television set in salon
• 20″ RCA television set in master stateroom
• Samsung DVD/CD player in salon
• Yamaha RX-V 2300 audio receiver
• Bose surround sound built-in with bass assist
• Dual and Bose speakers in salon, aft deck, bridge and staterooms
Deck and Safety Gear
• 2013 Novurania 14′ Center Console with 30hp Tohatsu outboard (20 hours)
• TNT hydraulic transom boat lift
• Aft Deck and Flybridge enclosures custom made in 2015
• Full set of privacy screens for salon and aft deck
• CQR Plow 45lb anchor with 300′ 5/16″ chain rode
• Quik dual capstan electric windlass with remote control (New 2016)
• Polyfoam fenders and mooring lines for the dink
• Lewmar deck hatch
• Locking teak wing doors to the aft salon
• Teak and stainless handrails
• Fender racks and eight Polyfoam fenders with canvas covers
• Remote controlled electric upper boat deck davit
• Aft deck box with hoses, mops, supplies, paddles, etc.
• Aft cockpit washdown, power inlet and water inlet station
• Magma Propane Barbecue
• Bennett trim tabs
• Three Bouy life rings with line
• Eight adult lifejackets
• Fold-It aluminum dock cart
• Three-step plastic dock stairs
• Fish cleaning station table in aft cockpit
• ‘Rocket launcher’ rod holders, spare lines and gas fuel cans in aft cockpit
History and Ownership
We know this very beautiful 55′ Californian quite well, having sold it to her most recent owners here in Washington in early 2013. Since then we have either completed, supervised or contracted all of the work done aboard the boat by other local professionals.
Most unfortunately, health issues now preclude their continued use. She has been used only sparingly while being exceptionally well maintained, serviced and provisioned under their care.
“Novel Lady” was previously owned by a New England couple for many years, and she was named for the passion and profession of the owner’s wife, who enjoyed her as a writer’s retreat. We trucked this boat to Seattle late in the winter of 2012. On arrival we reassembled her and assisted her new Seattle owners through that transition with myriad upgrades as they desired. She received her new deck and flybridge canvas enclosures and her beautiful professional red paint trim scheme in April 2015. Bottom was painted, new zincs and wheels polished at that time as well.
Over these past couple of years she has seen summer vacation trips to explore our San Juan Islands and many quiet evenings spent aboard dining and entertaining at Elliott Bay Marina. There has truly been ‘no expenses spared’ in her upkeep. Her custom furnishings and inventory of galley wares, linens and accessories are all simply first class. She would make an ideal and luxurious live aboard for a couple or a small family.
We have receipts for upgrades, improvements, repairs and inventory aboard that are well into the six figures since 2013. There are folders full of operational manuals, service manuals and operating instructions, plus engine room spares and some tools aboard as well. “Novel Lady” is a USCG Documented vessel, her Novurania is state titled.
– – – – – – –
“Novel Lady” is presented to her potential buyers within Pacific Marine Foundation’s charter program leading to guaranteed purchase option. This allows you the full and unrestricted use of the vessel with all responsibilities of good ownership. We will consider partial financing for well qualified buyers. Come take a good look and let’s talk.